Horticultural Lighting Conference USA will feature exclusive presentations by keynote speakers, interactive sessions, live interviews and a networking drinks reception designed to facilitate information exchange and development of key business relationships.
Science, standards, and market transformation
- Light recipe science advances based on individual cultivars and varying stages of the growth cycle
- Understanding the way sunlight and circadian patterns impact plants and how software and simulation can enable similar results with LEDs.
- Industry organizations continue to evolve horticultural metrics and the scope of standards
- Horticultural lighting catches the attention of regulatory bodies and market transformation programs
- Vertical farms promise to feed a growing population
- Cannabis: An indoor case study — but is the future outdoors?
- Fruiting cultivar requirements in horticultural lighting
- How and will LED lighting come into play with field crops
Lighting technologies and advancements
- LEDs serve in primary and supplemental roles, including alongside HID fixture
- Plants benefits from varying SPD, but how can growers economically deliver the optimum SPD
- Fixture designs evolve both to deliver the needed spectrum but also the optimum beam distribution
- Adding UV to the spectrum mix yields unexpected results in yield and characteristics
- Why connected lighting makes more sense for plants than people